Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Monday, January 10, 2011

Wanna come hang at my crib!?

I have some issues with separation anxiety. I probably need therapy because I have serious irrational fears. Because of that Collin has been sleeping in our room by my bed since the day we brought him home. Michael's been trying to get me to "let go" for months now but I've been making up every excuse I could think of as to why Collin needed to stay in our room.
Finally at 6 months I gave in and we moved Collin into his own room. I still check on him at least once a night, but we're both sleeping better and it's so nice to be able to use my own bathroom now without fear of waking him up.
My name is Casey Boyd. I have separation anxiety, and my son's wife is going to hate me :)


I think he likes it!

3 comments:

  1. But its so cute to see them wake up in youre room right? Cullen starts in his crib in his room but by morning is in bed with us!! I just cant let him scream it out... maybe i'll learn with the next baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I do not blame you one bit. Olivia's crib is right next to our bed because we don't have an extra room, but even if we did I don't think I could handle it. I like being able to hear her breathe all night and be here for her when she needs me. Plus, what happens if a burglar sneaks in her window or there's a fire and she can't get herself out? I know that's totally paranoid but I can't help it. I don't think she'll get her own room until she's old enough to understand and carry out a fire escape drill! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda that's what I said!!! And Tawnya it really is the cutest thing to see them wake up.

    ReplyDelete