Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Wish Every Month Was November!

November happens to be my FAVORITE month of the year! Why?
Oh, maybe because it's my BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!!
And this birthday was amazing!

But before we get into that, I need to do a recap on everything that happened before then since I haven't blogged since Halloween.
And yes, most of this post will be about Collin...as always :)


My grandma went in for hip surgery on Halloween day. We went to visit her in rehab a few weeks later. (She would probably kill me if she knew I posted this picture but I thought it was hilarious! Collin and her are apparently watching something funny on t.v.)
Everything went well, and she is now home! Just in time for Thanksgiving! Yay!

My parents and youngest brother Logan were able to come down for grandma's surgery and Thanksgiving. Logan stayed with us for a week since my mom was up at the hospital with grandma. Collin LOVED it!!! I heard him laughing one time and went to investigate. Logan had put him in the clothes hamper, covered him with balls and was pushing him all over the house.
The only sad thing is, Collin expected that entertainment to continue even after Logan left. I guess moms just aren't as cool as 11 yr. old uncles ;)
I have also been finding my shoes in weird places all over the house! I couldn't figure out how my shoe would end up in the bath tub or yes, the toilet, until I saw this!

Should I be worried that my son has a shoe fetish?

I just threw this picture in because I thought it was cute. Collin is so good at playing by himself.

For the most part my family has been staying with my grandma so that there is always someone with her while she recovers, but my dad came and spent the night with us one night and made us pancakes the next morning! They were soooo yummy!!!

I just have to say a big THANK YOU to my entire family. I was spoiled rotten this year!

First, my sweet sweet husband made up a birthday countdown for me. So I got a little something every day for the two weeks leading up to my birthday. They were things like, "a day off of diaper duty" and "no dish duty". And on my actual birthday he made me dinner and gave me new clothes!!! Best. Husband. Ever!

Then my mom made me a wonderful birthday dinner and my dad bought me a huge cake and we watched Pirates 4? "On Stranger Tides" I think that's the name of it. I had been wanting to see it and it was so fun just being able to be with family. I LOVED it!

Please don't count the candles. I guess my brother and cousin thought it would be funny to add some extra candles to the cake, but we all know I'm not a day over 22.
Yep, that's my story and I'm stick'in to it ;)

And if that wasn't enough!...My mother- in-law Anne, took me to see "Breaking Dawn: part 1" then after the movies, we met my father-in-law, Michael and Collin at 4 Rivers and she bought us lunch! But wait! There's more! She also made me a homemade chocolate cake with homemade chocolate icing!!! It was DELICIOUS and I was in HEAVEN!!!
Unfortunately, there are no pictures of "said cake" because it was "cough cough" consumed rather quickly...

But it wasn't just me that ate it all this time!!! Michael cut himself a piece and then got up to do something. When he came back this is what he found...
One little boy with a chocolate mouth, but no cake :)

Yes, I wish every month was November.
(I have a strange feeling my family feels otherwise)


Collin also got a haircut today!
I usually just cut it with scissors, but decided to try the clippers out on him. I could use a little more practice ( and a more willing and still participant) but it looks way better than before.
(See above pictures of the Jack Nicholson hair do to compare)
He looks too grown up...maybe we should just go back to the bed head look :)

No comments:

Post a Comment