Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Kid Loves Water!

Yay! Collin loves the pool this year! Actually, he loves anything to do with water, but that especially includes the pool! 
I just bought him this puddle jumper (life-vest/arm floats) and he's become more adventurous. He begs me to pull him into the deeper parts of the pool now and he thinks it's the funniest thing that he's able to float without me touching him. 
I was a little hesitant to get this because I didn't want him to become too dependent on a float and not learn to swim. But gosh darn it I'm CRAZY!!! Every time he slipped off the stairs and sucked water up his nose it freaked me out. I just knew he was gonna dry-drown when I put him down for his nap later on because he had breathed in too much water.
So really, the floats are for his insanely fear driven mother :) 

When Collin got up from his nap later that day I asked him if he wanted to take a bath in mommy's big bath tub. He was sooooooooo excited! (As you can tell by the picture) I told him he had to wait until I got all his stuff together but when I came back I saw he had started without me. Thank goodness he turned on the cold water and not the Hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment