Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Saving Grace

 For months I have been fighting with Collin to get in his car-seat. He runs away from me, he arches his back so I can't buckle him in and he cries like mad. He'll pretty much do anything to keep me from strapping him in his seat. It was making my life miserable. I didn't want to go anywhere because I was too exhausted to fight with him not to mention I was pulling stomach muscles EVERY single time. 
 
I know it was definitely due to many prayers that I finally received the inspiration that would save my sanity...and my back.
My aunt had gotten Collin a Pez candy dispenser a few weeks ago and Collin loves all things candy. So every time we get ready to get in the car I fill his car pez with three pieces of candy and tell him he can have it when he gets in his seat. He climbs in without any fuss! And his treat is completely mess free. 
I LOVE Pez!
 And since he did so well running errands I let him play with water when we got home. I couldn't find anything better to use then an old wipes container but he didn't seem to mind. I think he was just excited that I was letting him dump water on the floor. I was just excited that it was outside and I wouldn't have to clean it up. As opposed to when he fills a cup up from the fridge and then dumps it all over my kitchen floor so he can splash in the puddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment