Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, July 27, 2012

 Collin was sick a few weeks ago with a low grade fever and a nasty cough. 
My first reaction at realizing he was sick was "My poor baby" Then I thought, "wait, he's sick so he'll be cuddly and extra tired for the next few days. Maybe I'll get a break and can take it easy!" WRONG! He didn't slow down at all. In fact he slept less and was extra whiny. 

Since he was running fevers and coughing all over the place we pretty much stayed locked up in the house all week. By day 3 Collin was going crazy and needed some distraction. (besides the tv.)

We filled up his water table with soap suds which he thought was cool. 
 But my favorite thing was when I let him play with shaving cream.
 He was very hesitant at first, but ended up loving it.


 I was mean and asked him where his nose was.
 Guess Michael will now realize why he had an almost empty can of shaving cream the next morning ;)
 And of course we ate lots of ice cream! Ice cream and freezer pops are a must when you're feeling sick.
Michael and I have tried several times to get Collin to lick the ice cream from the cone, but he insists on eating from the bottom up. Still haven't figured that one out yet...

I also thought it would be fun to make bagel pizza's one night. Kinda like a bigger "bagel bites" version. I thought Collin would enjoy helping me put them together. He "helped" alright. Helped all my ingredients disappear!

 My aunt stopped by to visit one day and brought Collin a few toys. His favorite being this stick horse. I actually found him cuddled up with it on the floor during nap time one day.
 And fortunately, he was up for some T.V. watching on occasion too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment