Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What's Love Got to Do With It?


Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast, crazy straws for lunch, heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphey's for dinner and a few episodes of Chuck, are my idea of a perfect Valentines day :)


My mom sent the boys their own Valentines treat and I was given specific instructions to make sure there was a candy trial leading to the goodies. The boys got so excited when they saw the candy and they loved all their fun stuff. Thank you grandma Peeler!

P.S. If you're wondering why I gave this post such a weird title I really don't know. That's just the song that was stuck in my head while I was writing this post. I guess it's kinda fitting since I've always thought Valentines Day was a hoax. Why do we have to have one day set aside to show people we love them? We should be doing it all year. And why are flowers, chocolates and jewelry the 3 things that will show that love the most? Doesn't make sense to me, but it is fun to decorate for :) I told Michael he better NEVER buy me flowers on the day that every other man is buying his girl flowers. I told him to save it for a day when I really need them. And he's kept that promise! Last month I was having a horrible day. I won't go into particulars but there were several text messages sent to his phone giving him details of what was happening at home. When he came home that night he walked in with flowers!

 My troubled day suddenly faded to oblivion and I was really touched. I felt loved and appreciated, a feeling you kinda loose when you're surrounded by little people always asking you to do something and never saying thank you. Those little daisies meant more to me that night than a dozen (over priced) roses would have meant to me on Valentines Day. That's "what LOVEs got to do with it." It's about showing love when someone needs it and not just on a day that society says you're expected to.
And that is the extremely long answer to the question you might not of even had ;)

1 comment:

  1. You love Chuck?! I love Chuck too!! That IS a perfect date night ;) Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete