Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Follow That Rainbow!

Ok, promise not to laugh at our St. Patrick's day decor :) 
We really don't have much, just odds and ends I've collected over the past few years, but the boys loved it! They especially loved walking under the hanging shamrocks so it's good enough for me.

We started a new St Patrick's Day tradition this year. I ran rainbow colored string through out the house and had the boys follow the rainbow to find their treasure. 
As a side note, I don't think Collin is capable of taking a serious picture :)
 Their "treasure" ended up being mechanical toothbrushes and some new toothpaste. Very practical, I know, but the only time you get awesome stuff around here, is birthdays and Christmas :) In fact, the Easter Bunny will probably be bringing them new underwear and socks. Every kids dream...
The toothbrushes were actually a big hit though. (See, give your kids low expectations and they'll be excited for anything!)
 In the past we would have to physically sit on Tate for him to let us brush his teeth. Now, he loves it and can do it all on his own! Seriously the best $5 I've spent in a long time. 
If you don't believe how much excitement surrounds these magical toothbrushes, I caught this one running out of the bathroom yesterday. I followed him to the living room where he promptly sat down in his chair and started brushing his teeth. He cried when I took it away. Cried! We will never go back to boring toothbrushes again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment