Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, May 29, 2015

Raylynn Paige Boyd

 This was not what I looked like before heading to the hospital. It had been a rough two days and I was in so much pain and so sleep deprived, that taking a picture was not really on my list of things to do. Fortunately, my sister had snapped a belly pic right before my baby shower the week before. 
I'm always amazed at how babies fit in such small spaces. 


Raylynn Paige Boyd
Born at 9:45am May 2, 2015
Weighing 5 lbs. 13 oz. 


Raylynn's birth was such a whirlwind. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the details. What I DO know, is that she came so fast I didn't have time to get my epidural. My water broke, I pushed, and a nurse caught my baby because my doctor was still putting gloves on :) 
(When a mother giving birth for the 3rd time comes in saying she feels the urge to push, you should probably listen and take her seriously.) Maybe if I had mentioned that my water has broken on its own every single time, they would have put a little more pep in their step instead of just hooking me up to a monitor for 20 minutes to view contraction progress. I guess in the end I paid them back by sending everyone into a frenzy :) 
Although this labor was a little more painful and dramatic than I would have liked, I am so thankful for the experience. Having a baby without an epidural has been a huge fear of mine, but now that I've actually done it, I know I could do it again and I have so much more confidence in myself. Having said that, will I be asking for an epidural the next go round? You're darn right I will! I'll be calling ahead. ;)     

Since she was two weeks early I was a little worried that Raylynn would have some health issues, but she came out perfect! 
A healthy mom and a healthy baby, who cares about a few labor pains and drama when you're both healthy and alive in the end right? 

I have to say, it was pretty much love at first sight with this little girl.
We can't get enough of her. 




That includes her big brothers.




I know how extremely blessed I am. I thank Heavenly Father every night for my three precious children and feel so lucky to be their mom :)  Welcome to our crazy family Raylynn!







No comments:

Post a Comment