Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Special Dress for a Special Day


My grandma Peeler loved to crochet. She made everything from doilies to elaborate quilts. If you showed her something, she could make it. When Michael and I were married in 2007 she handed me a bag and when I opened it I saw the cutest little blessing dress with matching booties and bonnet. It probably only took her a day or two to make the whole outfit, but it was a gift that has always been special to me. My grandma passed away in 2009 and the dress became even more special. I've been waiting years to use it and a few weeks ago I finally got the chance. 
Michael was able to give Raylynn her baby blessing at church along with both our dads, uncle Richard and a family friend standing in the circle. It was a special day. One that made me very thankful. Thankful for a sweet little girl who has stolen all our hearts, thankful for the priesthood that Michael holds that continually blesses our family, and thankful for a special woman who took time to crochet a little white dress out of love for her granddaughter. I'm hoping to pass that love on, as well as the memory of my sweet grandma, to my own children and grandchildren someday :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment