Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fresh is Best!

I am a plants worse nightmare. I don't even have to touch them. They just see me coming and shrivel up and die! So I NEVER ever planned on doing a garden. But I finally got so fed up with the poor quality of produce at the store and the high price that I decided to give it a shot. And I'm so glad I did! I've really enjoyed gardening and am surprised at how well it's done. I love being able to just walk outside when I need something and picking it right from my backyard. (free of cost I might add)

I would have to say that the beans are what I'm most excited about. We have gotten 2 bowls full and the plant is still producing. I bought a bag of "organic" beans at the store just to compare them with the beans from my garden and my beans looked and tasted better. Makes me wonder about the whole "organic" claim...

Unfortunately I was only able to get two squash and two zucchini before the plant died but the ones we did get where sooooo good.

We got about 4 cucumbers this size and then that plant died too :(
But it's a start. Hopefully next year it will do better.


Now we're just waiting on our tomatoes. We already have 4 little green ones on the plant. Lets cross our fingers that I don't kill them too :)

3 comments:

  1. that's fantastic casey! I want to garden too. i have to find a special way to do it in the desert though. I thought about doing it in square foot gardening or planter boxes. my mom is even going to get those little swimming pools and use those to put soil in. Those squash and zuchinni looked awesome though! A great size for both of them! And two bowls of beans! Man...i want to come eat at your house :) have you ever done Bountiful Baskets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I lived by you I would help you weed! I rediscovered my love of weeding this weekend while at my in-laws :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I haven't! What's a Bountiful Basket?

    And Liz, I need you! The weeds LOVE my garden too!

    ReplyDelete