Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Goin' Courtin' - Date #6

Go Dancing!

If you can get a sitter and know of a great place to go dancing then you should definitely do it!
But for us homebodies, aka too poor and/or embarrassed to be seen in public dancing,
(that last one is totally me!)
then a nice dance date at home is totally possible. You just need three things...

1. an instructional dance video (rented from the library or found online)
2. a romantic DVD that has a dance theme, and
3. a husband who doesn't mind participating in cheesy dates (even if you don't have this kind of husband I find dessert is a VERY good motivator :)

I rented the movie Strictly Ballroom from the library so we decided to learn to ballroom dance! We watched a couple of instructional videos online and then danced for about 15 minutes. Most of that time was spent laughing and bumping into each other but we had a lot of fun. I guess I probably shouldn't speak for my husband, but there was no eye rolling so I'm gonna take that as a good sign.

After we finished dancing we sat down and watched the movie. Not a spectacular date but at least it was different than just the Friday night movie at home :)

2 comments:

  1. Mwha ha I totally just watched this movie with my boyfriend last night and it made me laugh so hard. I tried to get him to dance afterwards but he wouldn't have it. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol The funny thing is I remember seeing it years ago when I was around 14 and I remember it being a more serious romantic movie back then. So it surprised me when we watched it a second time and it turned out to be a cheesy comedy! It was a pleasant surprise though :)

    ReplyDelete