Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Party Animals!!!

The only right way to celebrate Christmas is with THREE Christmas parties!

Christmas Eve was spent at grandma and grandpa Boyd's.
Can you say Tacos???
And yummy brownies with icing and peppermint drizzled on top!
Thanks Cheryl!

uh huh... we had literally JUST walked through the door when I caught Michael digging into the salsa. I bet he double dipped too

Collin had his own little kids table!
Cheryl giving Collin his Christmas present


This is the look Collin gave us when we told him to rip into his presents.
"um...Is this a trick? I'm pretty sure you've been telling me NOT to do that all month, but now it's ok? Grown-ups are so confusing!"

Uncle Ken and Aunt Amy got Collin his own train set. Pretty much his favorite toy.
Looks like uncle Ken might have played with this before wrapping it. He sure did know how everything worked. hmmm....

However, despite all the toys he got, nothing made him squeal with joy more than cousin Laura's iPhone. After receiving a few surprise charges to our phones, he lost his privileges, so he wasn't use to having someone actually hand him a phone to play with.

Uncle Richard in his "Florida" version of Christmas attire.

Christmas day we started things off right again. With FOOD!!!
This time the party was at Great Grandma Ponder's

Next year I need to be better about getting more pictures of everyone. All these pictures seem to be about Collin :)


The last party was at our house on Christmas night.

My parents got Collin a tent and tunnel. Michael had to go through it a few times (not as easy as it looks) to convince Collin to try it out.
He eventually gave it a try.

And of course it wouldn't be a party without food right!?

More great toys from Aunt Patti and Uncle Dan!

Although, the adults ended up hogging the puzzles. We had races to see who could put the puzzle pieces back the fastest. But you had to do it with your eyes closed. Way harder than I thought it would be.
Michael won at a little over 2 minutes while yours truly came in last at...well, I don't think the time is really that important. The important thing is I didn't give up right?...
And of course we had to finish the night off with Just Dance on the Wii.
Thanks mom and dad for the awesome present!
(Although I spent all of Collin's nap yesterday trying to break Michael's record on Wii resorts and got nothing accomplished. I didn't even break his record, but I am totally going to kick his bum in sword fighting next time since I now have tons of practice!)

And what was Collin doing the whole time???
Dancing too of course!
I played my grandma in a game of bowling. She said "Now go easy on me, I haven't bowled in over a year so I won't be that good." 5 strikes later... yeah she pretty much trampled me... As she was leaving she said with a smile "Sorry I beat you at bowling tonight." I said "No you're not!" To which she just laughed. I just LOVE her.
The day after Christmas was Monday and Michael had the day off. We spent the whole day just relaxing and playing together.
It was a great year and a great Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Love the post! I'm glad you had a fun Christmas :) I hope your New Year was/is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about a cute kid! I didn't realize you guys had a blog. Fantastic. We'd love it if you ever wanted to come have a white winter experience of your own!

    ReplyDelete