Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, April 6, 2012

Party House

We had a lot going on last month. I probably should have split this post into several smaller ones but I was too lazy :)

My family came down for a week and a half so of course Collin was excited to have his partner in crime back
(aka Logan)
They made at least one hideout a day.

This picture was actually taken before my family arrived when Collin was still wearing his full leg cast, but I'm posting it anyway. He could barely move his leg and I still couldn't keep him from climbing on things. Usually I try to be the type of parent that just watches in the distance to see what their child will do and I try not to coddle him when he's crying and I know he's not hurt, but for a while there I became a sMOTHERer. I was so afraid I was gonna have to go back and tell the doctors, "yeah, I think he broke his other leg too." We'd probably have Child Services come out after that or something. Fortunately it never happened and I've relaxed...somewhat...
And finally! After 5 weeks and 3 different casts, we were FREE!!!!!
I even told Collin's Dr. " I like you and all, but I hope we never see each other again."

The first thing Collin did when we got home was get a bath. His first real bath in 5 weeks!

We celebrated my Mom's 50th birthday while they were here. Her sister (my aunt Patti) got her these hilarious glasses that we made her wear all night.
Ah, I laugh every time I see this :)

It might have been here 50th, but we decided to decorate with a classy black.

Grandma cooked us a great dinner that night.

We also celebrated my Aunt Patti's birthday.

So... sad but slightly funny story, we surprised my Aunt with a family party and it's kind of a tradition in our family to do an ice cream cake. Well after visiting my grandma in Apopka we stopped by DQ to get a cake. I sent my mom in and she came out with this huge sheet cake. I didn't think anything of it until we got home and tried to put it in my freezer.

It took us 25 min. to get from DQ to my house and half way home my gas light came on so we had to stop and get gas which added another 10 min. So 35 min. later we finally get home only to realize that there is no way the cake is fitting in my freezer. We took it out of the box, still wouldn't fit. Cut the card board the cake was sitting on and it still wouldn't fit. So I started calling around to see if anyone had a deep freezer I could put the cake in. I wasn't having any luck and the cake was now starting to leak and the icing was starting to sag so we desperately started hacking it into small pieces to try and save it.
Fortunately
my friend Krystal who lives one street over from me called and let me borrow her freezer.
Unfortunately, it was after we had started to cut into it. I looked at my mom and said, "We'll Patti will definitely be surprised that's for sure." We decided to play it off like we meant to do it. We told her that it was symbolic of the fact that we'd "fall to pieces" without her. Clever, I know. It would have worked too if a certain someone hadn't added, " yeah, and it's also symbolic of you. Very sweet but get'in a little saggy."


The Arnsdorffs

The rest of their visit we relaxed watching movies.
Oh and Collin has now become obsessed with the Wii. That's ALL he wants to do and the sad thing is, he beats us at sword fighting every time!


We stopped by to visit my grandma one day and while mom pulled weeds grandma and Collin played with grasshoppers.

Yeah, grandma had a slight infestation...Collin was fine until they jumped at him.
My dad and brother also laid indoor/outdoor carpet down on our porch. We LOVE it! Collin loves to play out there and now he doesn't get dirty!


We also spent a night at the Arnsdorffs watching old family videos on film. It was fun to see my parents at my age, but I was a bit appalled at the shortness of my dads shorts...that image has yet to leave me...

I didn't realize it, but one day I mentioned that I had really been craving Krispy Creams doughnuts. Well a few days later my dad shows up with 3 boxes! One box completely full of chocolate glazed (my favorite)
Collin got to experience his first chocolate doughnut and I'm pretty sure he's a fan now too.

No comments:

Post a Comment