Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dr. Pepper Junkie

What's New!

 Grandma Boyd brought back some Caffeine free Dr. Pepper from her trip and we quickly realized we have a Dr. Pepper junkie on our hands. He might even be worse than me!

Also new this week, my Aunt found this Little Tykes car on the side of the road so she took it home and gave it a good washing. The front wheel was missing some parts but for $5 dollars my dad was able to fix it! 
Oh, did I mention my family is here for two weeks!!!

Anyways, Collin pretty much loves this thing.

School
I decided to put these pictures last so those that aren't interested can just skip this part :)

Tuesday:

This week was all about squares. I saw a cute idea on pinterest where you put scrap pieces of cloth in an old wipes container and then let your toddler pull them out. Collin had several old washcloths and since they were square, I decided to do this for our shapes activity.
He loved it! However, if you decide to do this, it might be a good idea to make sure all the REAL wipe containers are hidden..........
We also worked on the color green this week. I let him add some green food coloring to water.
He thought it was pretty cool but....
basically just wanted to drink it :)

Wednesday:
Wednesday I had him wash windows. What? They're square!!! :) And he's still at that age where he actually thinks chores are fun so I gotta milk it while I can.

I taped green streamers to a stick and let him run around the house with it. This was by far his favorite.
Thursday:

I bought Collin these shape puzzles at Joanne's so we spent the morning putting them together. He likes puzzles and matching things so this was a big hit.
We did another color sort with M&M's. I love his face in this picture. He's not use to getting so much candy so he was pretty excited.
Friday:
To work on the number 2 I had Collin glue two spots on the ladybug. (Yes, that is my sad rendition of a ladybug) I told Collin what it was though and he believed me so that's all that matters.
And then for the color green I might of had him help me pull weeds in the garden..........
As you can see I'm not against child labor :) It's free after all!
My family came in Friday night so I decided to just forgo our school on Sat. and let Collin enjoy having his uncle Logan in town.

2 comments:

  1. such wonderful ideas! What do you do with all those wipes? just put them in ziplock baggies? he's too cute :) too too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! I was able to shove half of them back into the container and happened to find an old wipe container that I had kept so I shoved the rest in that. That mess has been the easiest to clean up by far! :)

      Delete