Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Family Fun and Braxton Hicks
It was a bitter sweet week. My family left us on Friday to head back to South Carolina :( 
We really enjoyed our visit and they were a big help. Especially since I was put on partial bed rest...again. When I went into my dr. appointment Monday I was dilated to a two! Since I'm not due till November and am having Braxton hicks contractions 5 to 10 min. apart all day, I won a trip to the hospital for two hours while they monitored me, ran some tests, and then put me on partial bed rest. Needless to say I was very grateful to have someone there to entertain Collin, cook dinner, and clean for a week. I wish I would have taken more pictures while they were here, but the camera was way over on the counter and I couldn't convince myself to get off the couch :) Guess these will just have to do.  

 My mom bought Collin a pumpkin cup w/straw and he now insists on drinking from it all the time.
Love the crooked pants Collin.
 And what visit from uncle Logan isn't complete without a fort made out of couch cushions. Not really sure why both boys had their shirts off. Must be a boy thing?
 Collin hated and I mean HATED going to bed while my family was here. He was having too much fun to stop for sleep. When we finally got him to go down it wasn't long before he was knocked out though. I couldn't resist taking a picture when I found him cuddled up with his book. He begged me to let him take it to bed that night. We are now up to Gromit (his favorite stuffed animal) a blanket, a sheep beanie baby, a pig beanie baby, a baboon beanie baby, a few matchbox cars, the occasional dinosaur, and now apparently books all in the bed with him! Try removing a hard plastic T-Rex from under your 2 yr. old's face without waking him up!  
 Before my family left I had dad and Logan get up in the attic and get our infant stuff down. Collin thought they were new toys! I can't wait till he's reunited with the paci again :(
 Friday before my family left they treated Collin and I to lunch at Firehouse! Collin stole everyone's pickles.
 The Friday they left was kinda brutal. I had the whiniest 2 yr old who thought it was my job to entertain him 24/7. Thankfully, grandpa Boyd came over right as Michael left for work on Sat. and took Collin out for a few hours. AND, Saturday is Michael's early day so he played and entertained Collin when he got home. Sat. was definitely much easier than Friday.


 
 School
 Tuesday: B is for Bears
Books: The Bear Came Over to My House, Bear Feels Scared, Bear Feels Sick

We played a hibernation game where you turn the music on and dance and when you cut it off you say "hibernate" and everyone goes to sleep. I got this idea from the PA website.  It was fun but I'm sure glad Logan was here to do it with him because it took a few tries before Collin understood what he was suppose to do.

 This week's shape was rectangle so we played Jenga! I love his tongue sticking out like he's in deep concentration. 

Wednesday: B is for Birds
Books: Falcon, Birds

We went and visited my grandma for most of the day so we didn't do much school. I basically just read Collin his two books. The book on birds was a kids science type book with lots of bird pictures and facts. We just flipped through all the pictures naming all the birds. Collin really really liked it and I enjoyed the cuddle time.
Thursday: B is for Buttons and Beads
It was just suppose to be buttons but do you know how expensive buttons are!? And I do not sew so I didn't have any just lying around the house. So I improvised and bought cheap plastic fall beads in the shape of leaves, pumpkins and acorns. They worked just as well for the activities.
 We did a bead sort which Collin really enjoyed.
 We tried to work on patterns but that was a little advanced for him as you can see by the acorn he's trying to add.

 I cut rectangles out of colored card stock and we made a train.


Since buttons were not cheap I just found some online and printed them off. Then we glued them to his B page. 

Friday: B is for Bugs
Books: Are You a Ladybug?, World of Insects, Beetle McGrady Eats Bugs!

 We made spiders and ants out of play dough and then I showed Collin what we do if we find them in our house.
We squash them.

I know, I know, I should be kinder to nature but lets face it, this is why I wasn't born as a pioneer. That and we have epidurals and Dr. Pepper :)


 Our color was purple this week. Right now this is Collin's favorite color. I worked for two weeks straight on getting him to recognize green and blue and every time he saw something purple he would shout "purple!" I don't even remember teaching him that color. 

Anyways, I taped two pieces of purple construction paper to the floor and had Collin run back and forth swatting them with a fly swatter. It was nice because he got some energy out and all I had to do was sit there. 
 Saturday: B is for Bubbles

(Please look over the fact that Collin is wearing the same clothes as the previous day.)
 What's better than one bubble wand? Two bubble wands!
 The number was 4 this week so we fed the penguin 4 fish.

 Collin has this thing about holding things right in front of his face. No manner of coaxing could convince him to lower it just a few inches.

To get more letter ideas visit the PA website here.

1 comment:

  1. you're doing a great job! look at all the fun things you guys do together. I hope I'm as good a mom as you are! :)

    ReplyDelete