Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Freedom!!!!

I'm free! For the past three weeks I've been on strict bed rest due to early contractions and the fact that I started dilating. But today marks my 37th week (full term) which means? I'm free!!!!! I'm so excited! 

And I feel so blessed to have had such wonderful family and friends to help with Collin. The hardest things about bed rest for me was surprisingly not the being in bed all day part. Just ask Michael, I LOVE to sleep. Ok, even that got tiring after the first week, but my body really needed it and I felt better when I rested so it was worth it. 
No, the hardest part was sending Collin away each morning and then not seeing him again until 8 that night. I missed him and sometimes even felt guilty that other people were having to watch him while I just stayed in bed all day. Collin however was thrilled! A new house and new toys to play with every day? That's any kids dream and he was always so excited to leave every morning. That actually helped. If he had cried and not wanted to go I would have felt even worse! Another thing that helped was the fact that I really trusted everyone watching him and knew he was in good hands. 
So I have to give a huge Thank You to all those who took care of Collin when I couldn't.
Like my wonderful, wonderful in-laws who not only watched him but also sent dinner home on several occasions!
And 
Jen Lee
Krystal Arnoldson
Sarah Lambourne
and Heather Hall
for all taking turns each week to make sure I had every day covered. 
We owe you guys big time :)

I also have to give major thanks to Michael who ended up being both mom and dad for three weeks. He seriously had NO time for himself but never complained or made me feel bad. He didn't get home until 7:30/8:00 every night and would cook dinner, clean and put Collin to bed (a major feat in and of itself) and then he had to study his Seminary lesson and then hop in bed himself. Oh, and did I mention he planned the meals and went grocery shopping too!? Maybe I should rethink this whole deal and beg my dr. to put me back on bed rest....I had it good ;)
 I knew I married up years ago, but these past few weeks definitely solidify that fact.

Now we can get back to life as usual and I can FINALLY clean my house! 
Now that it's safe to actually bring on early labor, it probably won't happen. 
I can still clean the bathroom and try though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment