Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, October 26, 2012

What a Dirty Trick!

Surprise! I'm still pregnant! It appears that this Halloween I was Tricked and not Treated :( What a dirty trick my body played in making me think I would deliver super early! 
I have now resorted to bribing Tate with candy if he comes before Halloween, but he hasn't taken the bait yet. Maybe he's a salty/sour kinda guy.......

The one thing keeping me from going insane with this waiting game is this little goof ball.
 I sure do love this little guy.
I am eating up our last few days of one on one time and he is keeping me very entertained.

 These shoes have become Collin's obsession! They were handed down to us from some friends. The only time they come off is when Collin gets a bath. As you can see, he even sleeps in them. This has occurred three nights running so far.   

 Monday night we kicked off our Halloween celebration by letting Collin wear his costume while we watched Monster House. 

 And then we ate freedom pops in honor of the Presidential debate!
Collin's new favorite place to sit is in Tate's car seat. He thinks all of Tate's things are new toys for him. Won't he be surprised in a few weeks time?

School
School was very lax again this week. We ended up not doing half the things I had planned but Collin didn't seem to mind. Most of the time he was more interested in playing with his trains than he was anything else and there was NO WAY I was gonna interrupt a two year old who was entertaining himself and playing quietly. I'm not crazy! :)
Tuesday: D is for Dots

 The color was orange this week so of course we had to play with oranges. Collin got a nice surprise when he tried to bite into the peel. I explained that these were oranges and then asked him what color they were to which he replied "green" (face plant in palm)
 After rolling them back and forth for a while Collin found other uses for them. After they were thoroughly bruised and beaten, we ate them!
 Collin definitely prefers them without the peel :)
 I have no idea where I found this connect the dot page. I went back to look for the site and couldn't find it anywhere! I liked it because it only had the numbers 1-10 which are the numbers we're working on.
 Then we decorated the letter D with dots.
 Wednesday: D is for Dinosaur
What a fun day this was! I froze two of Collin's small dinosaurs in ice the night before and then let him try to break them out with a tiny screw driver. We ended up having to run hot water over them to get them out, but Collin was still captivated by the fact that his toys were in ice!
 We eventually rescued both dinosaurs, much to Collin's delight. Next time I'll put hot water in a squirt bottle and let Collin melt the ice himself.
 And of course we had to get all his dinosaurs out and play with them. My dinosaur (raptor) kept getting brutally attacked by two leaf eating dinosaurs. Very ironic I know, but when you're playing by a two year old's rules there's little you can do but play dead :) I also let him watch Dinosaur Train. ( A favorite of his)
 For the color orange we did pumpkin bowling! I plan to do this during Singing Time this Sunday and wanted to try it out. So Collin became the Guinea pig.
 Love these little pumpkins! I found them at Target for $2.
 Thursday: D is for Dog
We did a tracing page with the number 6 this day and he also traced the letter D so I didn't bother taking pictures. We were suppose to play a game with bones that I stole from the PA site but we never got around to it because our daddy surprised us by coming home super early!!!! Playing with dad is much more fun than school anyways.
 Early that day though we had gone outside to do an activity in Collin's water table but it started to rain on us so we had to come back inside. (That's why Collin looks wet.) Fortunately, I had found a fun orange ball in the dollar bin at Target so we just came in and played with that instead.


 Collin was pretty excited about it. I love the action shot on the left. Thank goodness it's a squishy ball because he was throwing that thing everywhere.

Friday: D is for Ducks
We went and fed the ducks at the park and then I let Collin play for a while before we went and ran some errands. Since tomorrow is our Trunk or Treat at church I've decided to just skip school for Sat.

Many of my ideas for school were copied from the Preschool Alphabet website which you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment