Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, April 12, 2013

A Week of Easter Fun!

 Happy Easter!

After our visit with my family, my parents and little brother drove us back home. That meant they got to spend Easter with us! We tried to do something Easter related every day.

 We died eggs at Aunt Patti's house one day while Tate chilled in this HUGE chair.
 I think he got a little too relaxed :)
 Collin and grandma made chick cupcakes.
 They turned out way cute but....when grandma turned around for a split second Collin snatched two black jelly beans and ate them.
 So we had to scrounge around the house for some candy and improvise. 
That is one scary looking chick!

 We also did a glow in the dark egg hunt and we did the Resurrection eggs with Collin but didn't get any pictures of that :(

 After church on Sunday we went back to the Arnsdorff's for a family Easter Egg Hunt. Over 150 eggs were hidden around their house.
 My little brother Logan and younger cousin Austin hunted for some, but Collin was the only child there.
So guess who found the most eggs?
My cousin Maggy was his partner in crime :)
 
 Grandma entertained Tate with her dancing and singing bunnies.
 And Collin ate waaaay too much candy.

 I love Easter and am so glad we were able to be with family.

I'll end this post with a quote I found 

 "Jesus of Bethlehem would be but another baby without the redeeming Christ of Gethsemane and Calvary, and the triumphant fact of the resurrection." -Gordon B. Hinckley 

I still can not fully fathom the atonement. I get glimpses now and then and sometimes, if I really try to understand, my heart fills with so much joy and gratitude that for a few split seconds I really feel like I get it.  I can comprehend in at least a small measure, the sacrifice that was made. I love what Jeffrey R. Holland said.

"I ask you, what father and mother could stand by and listen to the cry of their children in distress...and not render assistance? (Heavenly Father) had the power to save, and He loved His Son, and He could have saved Him...
In that hour I think I can see our dear Father behind the veil looking upon those dying struggles, His great heart almost breaking for the love that He had for His Son. Oh, in that moment, when He might have saved His Son, I thank Him and praise Him that He did not fail us. I rejoice that He did not interfere, and that His love for us made it possible for Him to endure to look upon the suffering of His Only Begotten and give Him finally to us, our Savior and our Redeemer."




No comments:

Post a Comment