Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Way Too Much Fun for One Week!

 We decided that spending two weeks with my family wasn't enough, so they stayed an extra week!
 We had some family from Tenn. join our party for a few days.

 My grandma on the right and her sister Theola (Koka)

 Both boys love their great grandma Brown
 Collin talked both Koka and grandma into playing in his room. When I went back to check on them they were putting puzzles together. The "ladies would point to a puzzle piece with their canes and then point to the space it went and Collin would then put the piece where they directed. It was cute.

 Pre- General Conference

 Since both sets of grandparents were in town we watched Conference at our house this year.
Sat. morning, before the first session, the boys and I joined grandma and grandpa Boyd at the Winter Garden Farmers Market.
 This is one of Collin's favorite stops. He likes the interactive window. When you tap a certain spot the train goes around the track.
I'm sad I didn't take more pictures of the actual market. It was so cute. I love our little town of Winter Garden and all the fun stuff they do!


 They were having races while we were there and every time a cyclist passed us Collin and grandpa will yell, "go, go, go!"

 And of course we had to visit the train!




 Collin also learned to ride his tricycle this week. So guess what we had to do during the other sessions of conference?
This was Daddy and Tate's idea of pre-conference entertainment
 A Garden Party

We started our garden again this year!
 Collin loves watering the plants (when he's not watering me of course)
 We also started Tate on solids. He pretty much downs a whole jar in one sitting.

 Family Home Evening
We had BIG plans for fhe one night. We planned to walk around downtown Winter Garden, eat at the mom and pop BBQ place there on main street and then stop at Mrs. Bee's to pick up popcorn for dessert. 
(they have over 70 flavors!)
What we got, was BIG disappointment.
A lot of the stores were closed on Monday's including our BBQ restaurant and Mrs. Bees. :( We decided to walk around anyways and ended up at the splash park.
 Collin and Logan wanted to see if they could run through the fountains without getting wet.
Mission: unaccomplished

They were having so much fun I just let Collin go, shoes and all. His shoes still smell even after repeated washings and a whole bottle of Febreze being poured on them, but I don't regret it. It makes me sad to think how short his time as a little boy will be. I'm slooooowly learning not to sweat the small stuff.
It's still a work in progress though. 




 The rest of us were perfectly fine just watching the water fun.

 Since we had our hearts set on BBQ, mom and dad treated us to Sonny's BBQ after the water escapade. (Thank goodness I had the foresight to throw a change of clothes in the diaper bag for Collin!)
Tate slept almost the whole time we ate!
 Collin and I entertained grandma while we waited for our food. Because you know how hard it is for grandma's to sit still and wait ;)
 This is our angry face
 Sad :(
 Michael looks very entertained in all these photo's too. :)
 I really enjoyed having my mom there to help me out with the boys.

 They sure act extra spoiled when she leaves though. Wonder why? :)

I had to throw in these pictures of these beautiful Peacocks we saw in the parking lot one day. Mom keeps saying that she wants some peacocks for her farm, but we lovingly remind her of THE PIG! Click here and scroll down for that story. They are beautiful though.


And last but not least, this guy turned 5 months and weighs 17 pounds!!! My, but I do love me some chunky baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment