Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, April 12, 2013

Flying Solo

 
We did it! Collin, Tate, and I flew to South Carolina to visit my family for a week. My dad bought us the tickets and Collin had the time of his life riding a REAL airplane!

I was a little worried about flying alone, but since I had never really done it before I had no idea what to expect and therefore, what to really worry about. It could have been WAY worse, but lets just say you haven't lived until you spend 5 hrs in an airport with a 2 yr. old who announces every 5 min. (very loudly) that they have to poop or pee, chase a two yr. old into the busy men's restroom, get sprayed in the face with yucky toilet water, and then try and use the restroom yourself with a 20 pound 4 month old strapped to you, and a 2 yr. old who thinks that everything shiny in the restroom needs to be touched and that the reason the bottom of the stalls are open is so that you have easy access to your neighbor. Yep, that's real living right there :)  

We did make it alive though and the worse thing we caught was a little head cold.
 (Which is very surprising considering how many things Collin ate off the floor)

We had lots of fun with my family that week.
Collin LOVES his uncle Logan and the fact that Logan built him a huge fort under the dinning room table, might have sealed Logan as the "uncle of the year" in Collin's mind.



(please excuse these next set of photos. I guess my lens was blurry :(


 Collin got to hand feed Aunt Tori's ducks everyday! 

 Uncle Logan taught Collin a mean game of "chase the ducks"


Collin also enjoyed chasing the three cats around.
He would probably live with them if I would let him.
 Aunt Tori bought Tate a matching SC shirt.
 Collin and papa grilled for us

We call Tate "lil Lonnie because he looks so much like my dad.


Collin and Sam 
(a neighbor who is just a few years older than Collin. They got along pretty well)

 Getting some grandma lov'in

My dad made Collin a car for their Ward Pinewood Derby and let Collin paint it. I'm not sure how Collin managed to paint himself with 4 adults around...
  
Collin wanted a Lightning McQueen car so that's what he got. It didn't go very fast but Collin didn't care. He just liked watching it run down the track.



 
 Hanging with Uncle Bryce
 Collin crawled beside his papa for a snuggle so I had to take a picture since this kid does Not snuggle.
 15 min. later I realized the reason for the snuggling. This was probably the only nap he got the entire trip.
 And of course at night he just played till he dropped.

 Someone got into Aunt Tori's jewelry  and had to put on every single necklace :)
I'm saving this for future blackmail
Hopefully we can visit again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment