Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Man Who Restores Balance to my Crazy!

This Father's Day post is almost a month late but we had a LOT going on around that time. We love our daddy all year long though so technically we're still celebrating :)

There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't thank Heavenly Father for all the wonderful men in my life. 

I have THE best dad. He spoils me rotten and is always there when I need him. I know the security and love he showed me growing up, has played a big part in the way my life has turned out. He taught me what a real man is and how a husband and father should act. So when I started thinking about marriage, I started looking for someone who possessed the same qualities. I knew if I could find someone as good as my dad, I'd be happy. And I am! 
Thanks dad, for setting the bar so high :)
He's also the main reason I received my personal progress in Young Woman's. I will always have a special place in my heart for my daddy.


I am also blessed to have an amazing father in law. From the very first day Michael and I started dating I have always felt like a part of their family. My father in law's dedication to God and family has always been an example and source of strength to me. (not to mention his never ending energy to serve and his never ending energy to keep up with Collin)



 And then there's this man! The man who balances out all my CRAZY :)
He's only been my friend for 6 short years, but those years have been the best years of my life! 
 He's everything my 13 year old self dreamed up in a future husband. He's a great father to our boys and a wonderful husband to me. I am always in awe at his selflessness and a bit envious of his quiet, calm nature. I will be forever grateful to his mother, not only for raising such a sweet and caring son, but for insisting he keep piano lessons up. (since it was his musical talent that hooked me after all ) And I will always be grateful to Michael for the patience and love he continually shows me. Especially during the times I am not at my best. 
Now if I could just find a way to change his amazing sleep ability (the ability to fall asleep 30 seconds after laying down and the ability to sleep through crying babies)
 I would have the PERFECT husband! :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment