Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Thursday, February 23, 2012

No Eggplants Allowed!

It's garden time again and I'm so excited! Michael added another plot to our garden so we had extra room to plant more veggies! This year we planted...

Cucumber tomato


peppers

green beans


squash, zucchini
and cantaloupe



I'm a little worried about the cantaloupe because I've never planted it before so I'm not really hopeful, but we'll see. One thing that is NOT welcome in my garden this year, is Eggplant!!!

This is Collin and I at the beginning of the year pulling weeds and getting the garden ready for planting. And THAT is our stubborn eggplant that kept producing and wouldn't die! I couldn't bring myself to tear it out if it was still thriving, but I was soooo sick of having Eggplant Parmesan every week, so I tried to kill it off. Even after 5 months without watering it, it was still bearing eggplant! One of the frosts that came through in Jan. finally killed it and I have to say, it felt really good to take a shovel to that thing.

The funny thing was, Michael happened to be listening to this gardening station on the radio one day and some guy called in asking about eggplant. He said no matter what he did he couldn't get his eggplant to thrive. My advice...don't water the crazy thing and tell it that you wished it would die!...that ought to make it grow like crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment