Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Friday, April 4, 2014

Where Earth and Heaven Meet

The Ft. Lauderdale Temple is finally here!
I was so excited because we actually got to take our boys through the open house! Collin is still young but I'm hoping he remembers. He loves the Orlando Temple and always asks if we're going to drive by it so to be able to show him what the inside looks like was extra special. I know everyone feels the spirit differently and I think Collin might feel it the same way I do. Every time I go to the temple I get really giddy and a little hyper. (very inappropriate I know) But it's a place that makes me feel free from worry or stress! It's a feeling I've never felt anywhere else. And as inappropriate as it might be, I'm hoping Heaven feels the same way. Like you just have so much joy you can't contain it.
All in all. both boys did great during the tour. I was actually very surprised. Michael and I both had an interesting experience though. As we were leaving he mentioned feeling a little disappointed in himself because he hadn't really felt the spirit during the tour. He didn't know if it was just because he hadn't fully prepared himself for the experience or what was wrong, but one thing he did know, was that it definitely wasn't how he felt when he entered the Orlando Temple. After hearing that I told him it had been the same for me too! I knew it was a sacred building so I did feel like it was special, but it was different. And then, Michael said, "Well it hasn't been dedicated yet, maybe that has something to do with it." I think I have to agree. It was a testimony builder to me of how important and amazing temples are! I've always felt the spirit so strongly when visiting the Orlando Temple that I think I took it for granted. Visiting a temple that hadn't been dedicated yet, helped me understand how strong the spirit really is in the Lord's holy house and how special it is that we get to go there.

I am so thankful for these holy places. They really are a little piece of Heaven on Earth.

 Don't laugh at our family picture. The sun was incredibly bright and it we were starving! But I wanted proof that we actually went.
 My aunt and uncle and cousin road down with us,

As well as my parents and little brother. It was a fun day!

 After the temple tour we got some lunch and then decided to take the boys to the park before heading home.


I was like the playground paparazzi! 

It was a fun trip and a great experience. And I gained so much respect for families from that area who sacrificed every month to drive all the way to the Orlando temple until now. 3 1/2 hours doesn't seem like a lot until you drive it. It's an all day affair. Not to mention gas prices being so high! They're the true saints ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment