Worry Less, Live More

Worry Less, Live More

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Easter 2014


Happy Easter!

I am finally getting around to posting pictures from Easter! It's been a little crazy around here the past few weeks , but it's also been a blast!

 Ah, if you only knew how hard it was for me to get these two to pose for just ONE Easter picture! You'd think I was always sticking a camera in their face by the way these two acted when they saw me coming...Oh wait... ;) That's what owning a nice camera will do to you; turn you into annoying paparazzi. Oh well, I got my pictures so I'm happy.

It was just me and the boys the Saturday before Easter. Michael was working and my family had already left so I wasn't really in the mood to do the whole "dye the eggs" thing. My aunt Patti had brought the boys these silly face stickers so I let Collin put faces and hair on plastic eggs instead. It was sooooo fun and I love how they turned out! 
 Collin was pretty proud of them too. I have a feeling this will be a new tradition. The best part is, it was mess free! And the boys could actually play with them.

We had done a special FHE that week on the true meaning of Easter with the Resurrection eggs. We explained how each item in the eggs represented Christ and how they related to Easter. Collin really got into it this year which made it really special. And then Sat. night (to help down play the Easter Bunny) we watched a few church videos about Easter as a family.

We did some fun things too. Like, planted magical jelly beans that grew into suckers overnight. Michael didn't really get what this had to do with Easter, but Collin was over the moon! Every 5 min he asked me if they had grown into suckers yet :)

 
Just so you know, this picture of the suckers is one I stole from the internet. It just looked prettier than my 5 little dum dum suckers ;)

 The boys got trains and cars in their Easter baskets (two of their favorite things) so they were happy. And they happily shared with one another which made me happy :) 
I love watching them play together.


 As I was taking these pictures it really hit me how big Tate has gotten. I just kept staring at him in disbelief. He's a little boy now! The expression that kids seem to grow overnight is no joke because I swear he wasn't THAT big when I put him to sleep.

I might be a little sad to see my baby disappear, but his new growth spurt brings new adventures and lots more fun! Especially since he's getting to where he can actually play with Collin and not just destroy things :)

 Our Easter egg hunt was also much more entertaining this year since Tate was old enough to participate. Collin found some competition and we realized that we might need to have another Family Home Evening on sharing with others :)
 Is this not a beautiful spot for an Easter egg hunt?
(These were taken at Grandma Ponder's house. We spent a few hours with her on Easter Sunday.)


Ah, yes, the true reason my kids act the way they do when I pull out my camera. It all comes back to their father! This is Michael's reaction to my command to "smile" I live with a bunch of nuts!
 But I sure do love them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment